Welcome to The Chic AF: A lifestyle, fashion, and beauty blog by Ashlen Fulton.
In order to make my blog a bit more personal, I’ve put together a few fun facts to allow my readers to get to know me a little better. I only listed 26 (for my age), but if there’s anything else you’d like to know, please don’t hesitate to ask 🙂 Enjoy!
1. I am the middle child in between two brothers, who I am very close with.
2. My family is all over the place! My mom and younger brother live in Connecticut, my dad lives outside of Boston, and my older brother lives in Dallas, TX.
3. I’m also very close with the rest of my family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc), who (mostly) live in the state of Indiana, and some live here in CLT. I spent at least 3 weeks in Indiana every summer until I was 18.
4. Speaking of Indiana, my grandpa raced in the Indy 500 three times in the 1970s. Because of him, that race will forever hold a special place in my heart. (It is also the most INCREDIBLE experience in the world, if you ever get the opportunity to go)
5. My favorite shows are Friends and The Office. I usually watch at least one episode of Friends every single day when I get home from work (it’s always conveniently on tv!) and I re-watch seasons of The Office in my room allllll the time. It’s the perfect show to have on in the background when I’m blogging, cleaning, working from home, or just doing ANY activity in general.
6. I am a huge baby when it comes to spicy food. Seriously, even the most mild food is spicy to me and I absolutely cannot eat it! I really wish this weren’t the case, considering so many people LOVE spicy food. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t eat it.
7. I am obsessed with bulldogs. Like… OBSESSED. I grew up with them, and I hope to own both a French and English bulldog within the next couple of years. I will probably become a “crazy bulldog lady” and I have no issue with that.
8. I LOVE Britney Spears and claim to be her number one fan. I saw her “Piece Of Me” tour in Las Vegas this past year and it was one of the best nights of my entire life. I even purchased my ticket to her show BEFORE I bought my flight to Vegas. Not sure what I was thinking, but, hey… YOLO.
9. I have a very sarcastic and dry sense of humor. More often than not, I am probably joking.
10. ….with that being said, I am also extremely sensitive, and I hate it.
11. I am a lover of all things involving chocolate, wine, and cheese.
12. There are tons of cities on my bucket list. I love to travel. To name a few US cities, Seattle, Portland, and Austin are at the top of my list.
13. I am a major night owl, not a morning person in the LEAST BIT.
14. My worst habit is being late. I try to be on time, but it’s hard!
15. I start every morning with a cup of coffee.
16. I am not much of a planner. I have a very “go with the flow” personality, which gets me in trouble sometimes.
17. I rarely get my nails done — only for special occasions or a “treat yo self” day. I usually just do them myself.
18. One of my favorite movies is Just Friends (so underrated) and I can quote the entire thing.
19. I attended college at Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama. War Eagle!
20. My college graduation gift was a flight to Switzerland. From there, I visited Paris and Amsterdam, and it was the best experience of my life.
21. I wear the same ring every single day – it was a Christmas gift from my parents and I rarely ever take it off.
22. My first car was a yellow Volkswagen Beetle.
23. I danced my entire life. I used to take 5-6 dance classes a week, and traveled to competitions around New England on the weekends. I stopped dancing when I went to college, and I still miss it all the time.
24. I love listening to podcasts of all kinds.
25. I LOVE a good murder mystery or thriller, but cannot handle haunted houses or anything truly terrifying in real life. ABSOLUTELY NOT.
26. I read at least a few pages of a book before bed every single night. Whether it’s 2 pages or 2 chapters, I always try to get some reading in. And with that being said, I always read from an actual book. I’ve never been a fan of kindles or iPad screens- it’s just not the same!
Hopefully these facts allowed you to get to know me a little better. Thank you for stopping by, and please leave some comments to say hello!
Video production by:
Contact for all your business, blog, website video needs!